Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Netbase Hero Design

This is the full image of the hero I came up with for Netbase.com. This will be made into a full sized cardboard cutout for trade shows.

Pitt Pens on Strathmoore 400 Series Smooth Bristol and colored in Photoshop.

Here's a few detail shots. I wanted to show the color holds (lines that have been made into color in photoshop). I used a variation on the John Rouch (a.k.a. EraserX) method, and I have to say, I love the results. His method almost automatically yields sensitive variation between the lines that get color and the lines that don't. I went back in and tweaked it manually with a brush in the Layer Mask, but otherwise his method pretty much did this for me. Thanks John.
Check out his video tutorial on Deviant Art: http://eraserx.deviantart.com/art/Line-Hold-video-tutorial-96296201

No comments :