Friday, April 29, 2016

Flight of Icarus: Icarus' Digital Paints

Flight of Icarus is the game I've had the most fun producing in the four years I've worked with Cadillac Jack Games (now AGS: Cadillac Jack). I'll be uploading a lot of concept art and final art from this game over the next week or so, but for now heres the full image from my current banner.

The game concept started out to be "Icarus/SciFi" or "Icarus in Space". The idea was to create a SciFi look that borrows aspects from Greek clothing/armor and architecture. If you look closely, yes, there are a ton of different influences for this design aesthetic, but I'd like to think that I put it together in a somewhat unique way that doesn't just rehash everything else out there.

This sort of thing is not done very often in the Slot Machine/Gambling industries, so I have to give it to my management at CJ for taking a risk, and letting me and the rest of the art team have some fun with this one.

With the exception of the wings, this was digitally painted in Adobe Photoshop in meticulous layers so that it could be animated in Adobe After Effects. The wings are my design, but they were created in 3D and added here for the full affect.

All rights to this art belong to AGS: Cadillac Jack Games, an Apollo Global Management company.

No comments :