Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Stallion of The Sky: Mayan Horse Statue

Okay, before anyone yells, "The Mayans didn't have horses!", I know. That's kind of the point. For the Stallion of the Sky slot game I wanted to create objects and environments that felt like they could have existed, but never actually did. To accomplish this I chose to place a "Pegasus" creature in an unrelated time/place in history, and then rigorously stick to the shape and design language of that culture.

Here is the first in a series of objects I designed for this game. This was first drawn by hand on paper, and then digitally painted and prepped for animation in Photoshop. I've been asked a few times already, so I'll go ahead and answer it here: no 3D software was used to create this painting, just good old fashioned perspective drawing and an understanding of light and shadow. Thanks for taking a look. More to come tomorrow.


All rights to this art belong to AGS: Cadillac Jack Games, an Apollo Global Management company.

No comments :