Friday, August 14, 2015

Miners from Mars: Color Visual Developmet

Here is some of the color dev for the Miners from Mars slot machine game. Now you can see why it was so important to get those asteroid shapes right. 


Here are a few close-ups of some of the symbols, including a little gif showing a part of the painting process for the "royal" symbols. I didn't use a font. I just came up with some fun, chunky shaped letters, extended them in perspective, and painted one of them to show to the outsource art team that was doing the final art for this game. 



Lastly, I've been told that people like to see the thought process behind the designs, so here are some of the symbol designs nestled in with lots of the great atomic age reference that I was able to find. I love applying the essence of a piece of reference to an object that never existed, but, hopefully, feels like it could have.



All rights to this art belong to AGS: Cadillac Jack Games, an Apollo Global Management company.

I've got a lot of new art on it's way. Please let me know your thoughts on the work I've been showing this week. Is this sort of thing your bag? Has any of it been inspiring, entertaining, or educational in any way? Oh, and please share with your friends - Thanks

No comments :