Monday, March 3, 2014

Sky Pirates: Graphic Design Elements

I don't think of my self as a Graphic Designer per se, but there are several occasions on my job where I get to/have to create graphic elements for the games I work on and I almost always end up having a lot of fun with it.

These gear-made Jolly Rogers were made for various parts of the Sky Pirates Slot machine game from Cadillac Jack Games.

This first one was made for the logo and also ended up on the hat of the Captian and the main sail of the Sky Pirates ship (not shown). I wanted to come up with a Jolly Roger that hadn't been seen before. There may or may not be anything like this, but after scouring the web I couldn't find anything close. Sorry for the watermarks.


Here is an unused framed version of the Sky Pirates Captain with the gear-made Jolly Roger on the hat.


 This scaled down version was for a tiny element on the "Wild Counter". Each reel could accumulate 3 of these which gets you more stuff.


Here are a couple of gears I made in illustrator before painting them in Photoshop for various parts of costumes and such.



And finally, I got to do the Royals for this game. I started out with an attempt to make letters out of machine parts, but that didn't make it into the game. I ended up using a font as a base and going from there. I never find a font that I can actually use as-is, so these have been changed drastically to fit my needs. I added a wood texture and gold stroke.






No comments :