Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Social Media Icons

I couldn't find social media icons anywhere on the web that really had the look and feel that I wanted for my site, so I decided to make my own. You can see (and click) the final working buttons to the left.

I made the texture by brushing ink on rough paper, and then roughing the ink up even more with blades and sandpaper. I scanned it and used photoshop to make it hard edged and to resize it into place. The letters came from high res social media icons that I found online. Here is a sample of the working files:



I don't even want to get into the hassles of making those little buttons change colors when you rollover them. I haven't coded in years so this has been big learning curve for me. I'll get back to doing what I enjoy now.

No comments :